widebody06

Problem importing EPS ?, try this

After days of trying to get SB to cut logos from PD sites in EPS format, I gave up on trying to figure out why I get either black boxes or what look like good imports but cuts that are just boxes or other meaningless paths.

It seemed no manipulation was available, probably because it was being rocognized as EPS but somehow wrong. I did try import after using Illustrator and such to save as older formats with many options tried.

What finally worked well was to use Illustrator to export the EPS file as a high res, high DPI JPEG. Then SB was happy to vectorize it into something it liked and I got a great cut.

That is a less than optimal solution.  Auto-trace may work fine on simple images, but at some point it is likely to fail especially with things having crisper lines/edges. It defeats the purpose of looking for vector art to begin with, you could just go raster from the start if your going to vectorize it in the end.

I don't use SB but I have it installed.  If you post a link to a couple of the misbehaving eps files, maybe I or someone can see something fishy.  It would be worth trying an export from Inkscape as well.  Sooner or latter you are likely to hit a road block relying on auto-trace.

The only time I ever found eps files that would not either import directly or be converted to an older format was when they were either corrupted or an eps file of a bitmap!  Check those files...