Sign in to follow this  
rmtrudeau

Today is the day...

Moving it up and down with my fingers it is not the smoothest feeling, but then again I have nothing to compare it to. Doesn't seem like it is necessarily binding but it certainly takes a little force.

I just ran it with the cover off and I can't visually see it moving up and down at all for sure.

When I attach the leads to the 9v should I have power on the machine or not?

Wow. It sounds suspiciously like the first one. Good stuff! Thank you for the help with that. Will let you know what they say.

If it not going up and down smoothly by hand and / or staying down when pushed by hand and not releasing it is most likely the electromagnet assembly on the carriage itself. There is a way to adjust the alignment (I did it years ago) but I no longer have mine to explain it to you. If you call uscutter they will either walk you through the adjustment or send you a whole assembly to change out most likely. I don't work for uscutter but this has been my personal experience with them in this situation

I can move it and down by hand but it does take a little force and is not very smooth at all. It will stay down when pushed by hand, however. 

Yeah mine shipped like that and they sent me a new carriage. By the time I got the carriage I had already tore it apart and fixed it. Sold it a while back or I would get some pics of what to do