freebird1963

USCutter vinyl sampler pack questions

Hello

I got my sampler pack of vinyl. However I guess USCUTTER thinks we all been doing this for sometime cuz theres no docs of any sort.

You think they put in some cutting forces to try.  I hate wasting things cuz I have to guess at it.

Anyway I need some info. Whats a good force to try to start to cut this stuff at ?

Is this cast or calendar vinyl ?

Also I have never done a sign vinly  so what esle do I need to put this stuff on ?

My first attempt with this sign vinyl is to put the Marine Corps Eagle, Globe and Anchor on my jeep doors.

Thanks for the help

Mark

I'm not sure what cutter you have but there should be a button on it that says TEST. It will cut a tiny little cut that will tell you if your down force is right. Don't waste vinyl making big cuts til you get it right.

Guest fivestar

Mark, welcome to the "sign side" of the business.  There isn't a manufacturer or distributor out there that I know of that gives you instructions on cutting force for their vinyl.  Remember it's not heat press vinyl, as for putting it on your doors, I seen a post at t-shirtforums where Marcus said it was temporary vinyl so I wouldn't recommend using it on your vehicle.

Go buy yourself some good cast vinyl Oracal 751 or 851 to use for that.  Oracal's calendared 651 will work, but you will probably see a tiny bit of shrinkage over time and it doesn't contour nearly as well as cast vinyl does.

I used some of the USCutter vinyl for a banner I made -- I was using a PCut and used a pressure of 110 at a speed of 50.

The vinyl cuts good, but I can't recommend it for fine lines or small items as the vinyl does not stick to the backing very well. For larger stuff it was great.

This vinyl is working very good for the banner - has been out in the Southern California sun and wind for over a month and no problems yet.