Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Alaska in May

went from a cruise - to a cruise land adventure - just added 3 nights in a rented RV to the beginning - holy cow is it looking good.  we met a couple a year ago on a cruise to the Caribbean that lived in Alaska (our diner table mates) - when we said we was coming up for a cruise they suggested coming in 3 days early and renting an rv from the place they just bought one from and going camping with them and maybe fishing too.   positive thoughts seem to be working!    now flights are rescheduled and I think we are going thru Minneapolis, seattle and on the way back san fran and Chicago on way back to Detroit . . . .flights will be long but the end results should be worth it

head is spinning from all the changes and coordinating changes 

• Like 2

That sounds like an awesome and relaxing trip. I don't like flying but the rest of it sounds amazing.

Just remember, in May/June you'll perhaps encounter some biting flies and no-see-ums in Alaska.

Bring repellant.

http://oletimewoodsman.com/

I know they was bad north of where we will be 40 years ago when I was there - staceys first time.  at first was nervous about the rv part but with local friends it should be great time for the first 3 days then 3 days on the land part thru the cruise line.  our friends said may is great time to be there