Sign in to follow this  
storm2313

Printer Gets Hung Up Printing Registration Marks..

This is an issue I just started having, and didn't know if anyone else had this problem. I print out a set of decals on my Canon Pixma Pro, and find the bottom of the page to constantly get hung up with the registration marks. It leaves them constantly crooked, and makes the sheets unusable for contour cutting.

I included a picture of the problem. Is there a specific paper setting to use? I 'm currently using Photo Glossy Paper II, but am unaware of different thicknesses.

I tried both the automatic, and manual feed, and the end result is the same.

I appreciate, and help you provide. Thank you,

post-95051-0-69548600-1444138550_thumb.j

It looks like the media has a bow/curve to it. The print heads are probably colliding with the surface/edges of the media. I have had this happen before and I was able to minimize it by flattening the media before use.

It looks like the media has a bow/curve to it. The print heads are probably colliding with the surface/edges of the media. I have had this happen before and I was able to minimize it by flattening the media before use.

good point and why vinyl  printers have fans that suck the vinyl down to the printer as it goes thru under the heads (along with pre and post heaters

Thank you for your reply. I tried using hardcover books to weigh down the paper, but it doesn't seem to work for flattening. I agree totally with your observation on the print head colliding with the media.

It sucks I keep wasting media to try to get a set of registration marks that are usable.

You could try gently bending it in the opposite direction or maybe wrap it around a cylinder for awhile. You could also try heating the paper before putting it under the book.

Sounds good. I was wondering about using a little heat. I also found I have a printer head height adjustment. I will adjust the height to eliminate head collisions, along with a little heat to see if it corrects it.

I wish I would have found the height adjustment prior to wasting, the media B)