Sign in to follow this  
showaride

headlight vinyl

#1 Thin films like regular vinyl will not provide the "protection" that most customers want

#2 ANY tint is illegal.  Be careful

#3 Installation is very difficult.  Patterns are not free so free hand installing is needed and not easy on most lights

#4 If you're a real shop (business license/DBA/etc) you can call Justin at Lamin-x.com or www.xpel.com for 30 mil.

#5 If you want a harder to install calendered 3 mil product you can use oracal 8300 that will not provide break/pit protection

Well I not a full shop yet, I am mostly doing work for friends  and members of my automotive website. I have contacted the site posted  to get a discount for my member who wants it. I would like to beable to get it myself but would not order it very much. Thanks for the help and post anywhere else where I might beable to get it.

I know that there is some kind of vinyl used as an overlay for headlight protection. I just wonder if you need something that is specially formulated to handle that kind of heat. or if the adhesive would just get so soft that the vinyl will eventually start to sag or slip downwards.

Let us know what you end up doing, and any pics if you can  ;D

Well guys, I haven't done anything yet. Site did not email me back :- I think I will send them one again.

I know the following about this stuff.

It's translucent.

17 to 22mil

comes in different colors

goes on like doing a vinyl wet app.