Primal Decals

Reverse image for inside glass of store front

I had a customer ask me today what about installing on the inside instead outside if you were worried about young punks  messing up the vinyl at some point?   SOOOO Do you need special vinyl due the adhesive being in the possible sun if you were to reverse an image install  on the inside glass of a store front instead of on the outside if you understand that lol...Thanks in advance for your info.

No but if the window has tint you are going to be in trouble because the decal won't show through properly. Some will tell you it eats the adhesive prematurely but they'll last a long time and in many areas (like the town I'm in) it is code that all graphics be done on the inside of the glass.

• Like 2

No but if the window has tint you are going to be in trouble because the decal won't show through properly. Some will tell you it eats the adhesive prematurely but they'll last a long time and in many areas (like the town I'm in) it is code that all graphics be done on the inside of the glass.

good to know.

I've always wondered this too. If I put it on the inside, then the color will be inside, and the grey adhesive will be facing outside. How is this done?

You work with print vinyl. Regular vinyl is colored straight through. Not sure how they'd do the print to make it right

• Like 2

So do we need to worry about discoloration of the adhesive at all due to the sun hitting it after a period of time,?   i use 651 751 oracal..

I've never had an issue with it fading faster than it would if it were on the outside and in reality most newer glass has uv inhibitors built in which would probably help even more with fade resistance.

• Like 1

Its not the fading im talking about jaybird. Its the adhesive changing color over time like when you remove an old decal and the adhesive is the orange-ish color left over  . I thought i heard that the adhesive could affect the color of what the vinyl should be , for example if you use white vinyl and lets say the adhesive started getting old and then started to so the orange dis color from being sun baked etc . I hope im explaining it correctly lol.. sorry

Not saying it's impossible but I have never experienced it myself.

oh ok.. i was just wanting to check on it lol. i want to have a heads up just in case i do a install like this and then i get a call later and they say its changing  colors due to adhesive.... Guess i will have to do a test run lol..thanks for your input