HAKreck

cutter speed

When cutting a design with a bit of detail is it better to set the cutter at a lower speed? If so what speed would be recommended?

Yes, it is best to run your cutter at a slower speed when cutting detailed work at small text...  Different cutters have different speed numbers...  Try speed slow....  It also depends on if you have your blade depth set correctly..  Are you having problems?  Is that why you are asking..?

I was having some problems, then I started looking at different topics on this forum and it has helped. I reset my blade and force still playing with that alittle but it's getting better. I was wondering if the cutter speed was set too fast, it came set at over 800 which I knew wasn't right. so I've been working with that also.  Just a matter of getting use to a new cutter.  Thanks for the advise.

800 on your cutter may be different than on others. My cutter I run about 200 most of the time but I also have a setting called turbocut that speeds it up at times so it still produces a fairly quick job. If yours runs from say 50 to 800 I would try 200 to start with. If you go too low it will slow down and be lethargic and you'll know your probably too slow. 

I tried a cutting set at 300 yesterday and that seems to work pretty good, like I said just have to get use to a new cutter.