kswqte

Font Question

I had a lady ask me if I could do this which I know I can (I am new at this though).  But how do you match fonts?  Or do you just find something similar.  There is nothing that great in Sure Cuts Alot.  Is there a simple way that I am not aware of?   And where do you find the swirly things and flowers.  Any help is appreciated.  I am sure once I do a few of these I will be answering questions not asking them.post-92846-0-95100700-1433295277_thumb.j

Corinthia Professional (Regular) is what i came up with for the fancy stuff..

Bell MT(regular) for the non fancy..

WOW - You found it.  I searched high and low found something close but just not right.  I can make a few modifications now with this correct font.  I am working on the swirls and flowers now.  Any tips on how to find them?

If you are not able to draw them then there are a lot of free vectors out there. Just do a search for something like vector flowers or flower silhouette vector etc... There are also sites that sell them. 

• Like 2

There are also font type files that are filled with scalable squiglies.

Some may be too fine to cut on lower end cutters 

AND some need node clean-up/smoothing....

Free is Free though!

Search:

"font flourishes ornaments"

Sue2

• Like 1

Whole new terminology for me to learn.  Thanks for all the help!!!

We were all there at one time!

Best of luck.

Sue2

• Like 2

I am assuming you figured out how to load the font file into your program. That can be a challenge on some computer systems. Something else you might look at when you are playing around is to see if you have access to the Glyphs in your font. Not sure where it will be in SCALP but you can usually access extra parts to a font in the glyph section and many of the fancier script fonts will have alternate letters with more pizzaz that you can choose or often an extended curlicue or swirl that can be added to certain letters. Not all fonts are that awesome but many have little hidden extras. 

@Wild Goose - I did figure out how to load the fonts..........Until tonight.  I downloaded a weird xray bone font and it is a RAR file.  I extracted the file but each dang letter is a separate file (REALLY).  I either did something wrong or I don't know how to make it just one file with all the letters.  Found it on deviantart - Any suggestions?

There are a lot of wacko fonts out there these days and some just don't work. Can be frustrating. 

• Like 1