Sign in to follow this  
pianomom

Designing text in Inkscape

I am trying to do just a basic text with a simple shape in Inkscape. I design it. I have tried doing the trace bitmat and it doesn't do anything. Then I am saving in Signcut's import folder. It is not working at all. What am I missing?? Could someone walk me through the process of doing simple text and a shape in Inkscape.  I might have to pull hair out soon. Not a pretty sight ;D

Thanks for your wisdom and knowledge!!!

Pianomom :glasses2:

So no wisdom about trying to do a simple text in Inkscape?? The only wisdom of the day is about how awful Britney looks?? :- Tis true though, and no I wouldn't want to pull off that look. Nor could I!! ;D

How about anyone else?? Anyone done text??

Billy I just read your post in the other forum. I'll try your suggestion. It will take a while though. I'm in the middle of painting my child's bedroom. So instead of pulling my hair out, I'm splattering it with colors!! :glasses2:

A splash of color is always good for stress relief.I'm still trying to get text to work.So far had I any hair to pull out I probably would.I'm just so used to working everything up in flexi that I haven't really worked with inkscape.But I'm working on it.

billy,

Your awesome to be fiddling with Inkscape for me. It really is an interesting program.  :- But it is all I have at the moment. You have no idea how much I appreciate your help. But, if you don't have hair to pull out I hope there is some other none distructive decompressing you can do.  ;D