Sign in to follow this  
imarcnut

?? New mouse causing trouble?

hey All

lemme bounce this off of you.

just installed a new m/soft cordless mouse. now Signblazer seems to "flash" while i am working. Seems like it is refreshing but the auto save is turned off

the program itself seems "jerky" at times, smells like a possible memory problem. haven't tried a corded mouse yet but would like any

input. Also gives a problem with inkscape and corel.

thanks

Bill

I agree. The mouse is drawing power from the computer. If you already have quite a few things in the pc,such as more than one HD or optical drive, it could be taxing the power supply. IT might help if you got a POWERED USB hub for the mouse.

What port did you put the usb cable in? That may be the issue.

I agree. The mouse is drawing power from the computer. If you already have quite a few things in the pc,such as more than one HD or optical drive, it could be taxing the power supply. IT might help if you got a POWERED USB hub for the mouse.

The winner is?:)?..............................................................

use a powered hub!

I guess a keyboard, printer, scanner, cutter, tablet, bluetooth and mouse rf dongles, plus pda phone for charging can overload the

poor usb card !! lol !

Do they make these things in 220v ??  ;D

What port did you put the usb cable in? That may be the issue.

The winner is?:)?..............................................................

use a powered hub!

I guess a keyboard, printer, scanner, cutter, tablet, bluetooth and mouse rf dongles, plus pda phone for charging can overload the

poor usb card !! lol !

Do they make these things in 220v ??   ;D

I would think so...surely the electronics/computer industry wouldn't ignore the entire European market. But,power inverters are cheap enough.

thanks John

I forgot about the two dvd drives and two hard drives........and somewhere I have my external hard drive

makes sense that I am getting a little brown out :)

Upon more usage it is still flickering- back to my old favorite trackball. After doing a little bit of a search the m/soft intellimouse software can cause a flickering.

Yup shoulda bought a logitec thanks Bill G! Anyway downloaded the latest drivers and will see how it goes.

You might try uninstalling the software that came with the mouse. You might lose a few features but you should be able to use the mouse itself without the special software.

I administer the CAD systems in our office. We have nothing but problems with the Microsoft mice. I prefer the Logitec.