Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

Ipone app to turn pictures to vectors

Ha ha! I been getting invites to try that out for some time but have resisted the urge. I would love to hear some feedback from someone who has tried it and see the tracing results. I gotta pretty good feeling it's going to be mighty limited but you never know.

• Like 1

Adobe Shape is available with the Creative Cloud Subscription. They also have Adobe Brush to build photoshop and vector brushes and Adobe Draw which is a mobile vector drawing app. They are all optimized for IOS8 and work wonders when on the go. 

It was just a matter of time before someone came out with something like that.

mark-s

• Like 1

Adobe Shape is available with the Creative Cloud Subscription. They also have Adobe Brush to build photoshop and vector brushes and Adobe Draw which is a mobile vector drawing app. They are all optimized for IOS8 and work wonders when on the go. 

Have you tried any of those out moody?

I tried it when it came out...Kind of slick for the 2.5 minutes I played with it.....Got distracted and haven't tried it again since...LOL

• Like 1

I don't understand what it does, does it just autotrace photos?

I've looked for apps that might be useful for vinyl type work but the vector editing apps are impossible. There's nothing worse than trying to node edit a vector file with your thumbs. The only thing I've found useful is a mobile invoicing app.

Have you tried any of those out moody?

I have them all on my phone and ipad and they work great with IOS8....do I use them alot?? Not really. I think they are more so for the novelty and convenience if you need to make a quick sketch and don't have a computer handy. I like Adobe Brush and Adobe Color the best of them all...if using Creative Cloud it will automatically add color schemes and brushes that are created to your workspace in Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. That's about the extent I use them for.

• Like 1

I think it's Adobe Brush I use on my iPad Mini...I use my wacom pen for the iPad and draw something out then it uploads it to my mac book Illustrator.  It's pretty cool if you want to draw something out but not use the desktop or laptop.

Kind of neet...I was drawing something then let it go to sleep while I ate dinner.  I opened my macbook and illustrator opened and my sketch was right there.  I have to say I'm not exactly sure how it did it...LOL

• Like 1

I think it's Adobe Brush I use on my iPad Mini...I use my wacom pen for the iPad and draw something out then it uploads it to my mac book Illustrator.  It's pretty cool if you want to draw something out but not use the desktop or laptop.

Kind of neet...I was drawing something then let it go to sleep while I ate dinner.  I opened my macbook and illustrator opened and my sketch was right there.  I have to say I'm not exactly sure how it did it...LOL

The cloud is a magical thing lol 

• Like 1