BandM

I give up- NEED HELP!!

I have been working with SignBlazer Elements and a new 24" USCutter laser cutter for about 3 weeks now. I have gone through just about all the problems already listed on here and THANKS to this awesome forum and the awesome people on it I have fixed all the other bugs just by reading other post, so THANKS to all for that help. But the one problem I am having and can't find a solution for is "cutting a print". At first the cuts were not even close to what I printed but after making some changes to the offsets and editing my nodes some, I have gotten real close. I currently have the pen in the cutter, after ruinning 4 sheets of transfer paper, I figured it was time to go to regular paper and the pen. Anyway right now whats happening is it starts cutting before the lettering and then cuts off the bottom of the letters, by the middle of the page it is perfect and then at the end of the page the cut starts after the lettering, so it cuts off the starting edge of the lettering. I hope that makes sense. I am not sure what else to do because if I change the off sets, then I think it would goof up the middle part of the page that is perfect as of now. I currently have the offsets at 3.00 and 13.5. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks D

Is that controled by where the nodes are set? I do have space between the nodes and the letters, but maybe I should have more.

Thank You

If you want the cut to be made exactly where the color ends, you now right on the edge, I dont think you will be able to do it unless you "bleed" the design.

What does this mean? For those of you not familiar with the term check this:

Bleed is a printing term that refers to printing that goes beyond the edge of the sheet after trimming. The bleed is the part on the side of your document that gives the printer that small amount of space to move around paper and design inconsistencies.

So if you want to cut a letter A you write it and print it but your cutting nodes or outlines shoud be a bit inside the letter A and not precisely in the edge of it. This will make the cut be the color of the A in the edges.

Do you get me?

Joe

I got ya, the thing is, the lettering is black with a thinner orange outline so bleeding wouldn't work. I am currently going around and putting more space between the nodes and the letters to see if that helps. I still am not understanding why the start of the page is off, the middle is right on and the ending is off, like I tried to explain in my first post.

Thanks Joe

Is it possible for you to bleed the orange outline?

Could you post the image so we can see where we can help?

Well I did get it to work pretty close anyway. It still isn't perfect but what little bit it missed I can trim up real quick. I made more adjustments to the nodes and ended up with the off sets at 3.1 and 13.6. I was hoping it would do a better job though, when I purchased it, but then again as I use it more maybe I will get it to cut prints better. Another thing I would like to see is an update on the SignBlazer 6.0 software. The instruction manual that came with my purchase is for SignBlazer 5.0 and it mentions things that are not even an option on my 6.0 program. Has anybody heard of a future update?

Thanks to you guys for the advice though.

Guest TracMatt

The manual is for the signblazer pro version.  I noticed that a lot of the options are not available also and this is what I was told as well.  If you want all those extra options you have to purchase the pro version from www.colorchromefirst.com.

Tracee

I think that I am having the same problem as BandM is, except when I "cut" (just using the pen attachment for now), it starts on track at the bottom of my design and progressively becomes more off track towards the top. I realize that you cannot cut exactly on the line of a print and that some bleeding would be necessary, I am just trying to get the settings as close to possible right now and the best way that I can tell what is going on is to do a line directly on top of another.  It seems as though the media (110lb card stock) is slipping through the rollers or they are "thinking" that they are moving the media more than they actually are. At first I was leaning more towards the former (that it was slipping on the rollers) but if that was the case I would assume that the amount that was slipped would be different each time, but in fact the line on the included image is actually two "cuts" and they fell exactly one on top of the other, so now I am thinking that the rollers are just not moving the media the amount they are supposed to.

Is there a setting for this? Or some other solution to this problem?

post-2921-12986522772787_thumb.jpg

post-2921-12986522782247_thumb.jpg

I would really appreciate some feedback on how to solve this problem. Spoke to tech support via chat on Friday and was expecting a call before now. I have tried calibrating the cutter in signcut without any success. This machine is useless to me without the ability to contour cut, it is the main reason I purchased it. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Thank you.