Sign in to follow this  
ShowMeCleaning

Laser Point 11

Hey anyone have a cutter for sale that will do contour cutting. I know you guys have some high tech. cutter And I'd love to have one. But not in in budget right now. Thanks You. contact me if you do.

You can do it with any cutter with the right software. Flexi starter will do it and I personally use vinyl master to do it. I have a LP2 and it was a pia to do it through sure cuts so I went with different software and have been happy ever since.

With Flexistarter, you don't use the laser,  It has the contour cutting program already in Flexistarter.  All measurements are by using the blade in the middle of the registration marks, then it is recorded in the software. to cut the contour.     I don't know about Vinyl Master,  Jaybird will have to comment on that

I use my blade tip for alignment or put in the pen so I can see the tip better. Vinyl master is my personal choice because it seems to handle the whole process better than other programs I've tried but it isn't cheap. You can down load a free trial of vinyl master and it will let you print a sample page and contour cut it to see if you like it and that it will work with your machine. 

you can cut their sample files but you can't cut your own or save files. However you can use the design stuff to see how you like it but be aware it comes in several levels just like flexi and not all features all included on all levels. They have a chart on the site listing what comes at what level. http://vinylmaster.biz/

expert. Go big or go home lol but I design business cards and shirt transfers so I use some of the stuff what really wouldn't work for vinyl. It's usually listed on ebay cheaper than the site.

I have but it felt clunky to me and there is no trial that I am aware of.  If you decide to go the flexi route pm me first.