Dellrose Custom Lighting

Working on some new business cards.

Like it says, I am working on a new design for my business cards. My personal preference is having one of my vehicles in the back ground with some type of effect done to. Take a look at this and let me know what you think of it. I am concerned about the print showing up good.

dodgebuscardv30.jpg

How about an outer glow to the letters to make them show up better?  Truck looks good, just hard to read the important stuff  ;)

OR HOW ABOUT WHITE LETTERS IN BOLD TEXT. IT WONT TAKE FROM UR PHOTO BE IT WILL STAND OUT LEGIBLY

i like the way your thinking but maybe you could ghost the image a bit in ps so its a little less over powering. It would make the lettering also stand out more. Just my 2p

if you send me the pic i can show you what i mean if it helps at all

Had a quick go but didnt do it all, just wanted to see if you though the start was any better?

post-2161-12986517993376_thumb.gif

post-2161-12986518033497_thumb.gif

Pic causes an impact and thats good, but letters need to be changed.

I would also erase the truck's antenna. It gives me the impression that the card was folded in the middle and it has the marks.

You can do that in Photoshop, or I can do it for you.

JC

Maybe lighten up the background image so it doesn't make the bottom wording hard to read...

all very good suggestions,especially erasing the antenna. I could barely read the smaller print (I will admit that my 53 year old eyes are poor). I would try white text first. I think that would be a huge improvement.

Thanks guys, its not great but if i had the actual background image i could do it properly

Stealth, how are you going to work that image? Since its all gray tones I would suggest you convert the pic to a grayscale and the work the text on black or white, that way when Gary prints them it will be one color and they are going to be cheaper.

I think there is no reason to print them full color when the art is gray gray gray.

Joe

PS

I always get confused with that color. Is it gray or grey?

Stealth, how are you going to work that image? Since its all gray tones I would suggest you convert the pic to a grayscale and the work the text on black or white, that way when Gary prints them it will be one color and they are going to be cheaper.

I think there is no reason to print them full color when the art is gray gray gray.

Joe

PS

I always get confused with that color. Is it gray or grey?

It is GRAY.  ;) And, by the way joe my last name is Gray not Gary :)

As for the color or grayscale, I will probably be just printing them on a laser printer. And I also still gotta figure out what I am going t put on the back. A lot of people see the custom lighting and think that is for residential lighting or something like that.

OMG Im so confused  ;)

Everything is so Gray!!! So it is not Gary but Gray and the color is not grey but Gray....  :)

Short circuit here!!!!

LOL j/k

Well if you are going to print them yourself, then I think it doesnt matter much. Difference is when you pay a printshop, if you go full color or b/w makes a great difference in price.

Cool then and sorry J. Gray not Gary  :)

Joe

Well Joe, I guess I will let you slide this time :). All that sun down there must be gettin to you. :)

I was tryn to post a picture of my old card, but photobucket is being very slow tonight. ;)

It would look super bad, if you had a laser printer and some vellum, printed it onto some vellum.

Us screen printers use it to burn images onto the screens. It is ghostly almost clear

Here is what it looks like on the vellum, Believe me it's much better in person. That cost me .50 LOL, but you can get 10 cards on it.

post-2074-12986518064247_thumb.jpg

post-2074-12986518080678_thumb.jpg

I would use a different setting to organize the info. You have it all in the center and to me it doesnt look very well, looks like a bunch of stuff there.

You could try something like this with your pic in the back

post-1068-12986518069038_thumb.jpg

post-1068-12986518084551_thumb.jpg

if your doing both sides, I would have you picture on one side with company name in large text and then put all the other info on the back side in black and white.

This way the front gets the attention and the back has all the info they need in a clean and easy to read format.

Think of it as if it where a sign for a customer, "Sometimes less is better"