Primal Decals

Need some advice on this install

I am using 751 cast for this job, it will be my first attempt to deal with a non flat surface( which i will call a valley) In the sample mockup i created for preview for the customer.How or what it the best way to install this in the valley? Thank you all for your help in advance...

post-88251-0-77764200-1424557487_thumb.j

I would start with the nose and jaw area, roll off backing, and follow the graphic with my hand thru the valley.

You may see a wrinkle or two on the backing paper on the left side- but you can cut it out/off.

BUT- if you start on the body side, roll thru the valley, you may have a wrinkle on the nose and jaw...but would be easy to lift and cut/correct if its not pressed all the way down.

OR press into the valley first- then out. now i'm not sure :):)

It will be fine.

• Like 1

I would put a tape hinge where shown in the diagram and definitely install the large, Body area first.

After removing the left side backing and it squeegeeing down, remove the tape hinge and right side

backing. Hold the smaller jaw area vertical (perpendicular) above the 'valley' and smooth it down into

the valley, left to right. Squeegee the remaining jaw portion onto the surface.

Boom... Bob's yer Uncle.

post-43059-0-95884800-1424561419_thumb.j

• Like 2

Very sweet Skarekrow, i feel much better knowing where the hinge would be best, I use the hinge method alot on other installs but this one had me stumped due to the valley and if the vinyl would crease or shift on me etc. i was worried i would have to cut it which i didnt want to do..Thanks guys

Cutting the decal would only compound the problem.

Take your time with it... the only real hurdle it easing the decal through the valley.

If right-handed, I'd stand on the left side of the hood when it came to working the valley and jaw, with

the remainder of the decal in my left hand, held practically straight up.

Work it right over the edge and through the trough, a little at a time.

If, when you get to the other edge of the valley, there is any sign of stress or propensity toward wrinkling,

have some heat and the backing handy to slightly warm and/or rest the remainder before laying it down.

• Like 1

... and remember, worse case scenario?

It's only vinyl. Clean it off, cut another and try again.

• Like 1