Sign in to follow this  
Greenham

MH 721 Settings for metallic vinyl

I did a search and didn't see anything to help me with the needed settings for cutting metallic vinyl.

Material:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130484286803

Issues:

• My test cut had the material slipping between the pinch roller and driver roller
  • The test also showed the knife not completely cutting through the metallic material.

My thoughts:

• Increase pinch roller pressure
  • Slow cutter speed down
  • Increase cutter head pressure

Question:

• Does anyone have any guidance on these settings to get through this material?
  • Any tips,tricks or hints on increasing pinch roller "grip" besides just increasing pressure?

All help, thoughts, comments welcome.

As always thank you

Mike

T

First 2 things to check is make sure you're blade tip isn't broken or dull. Second is are you pulling slack off the roll so the cutter isn't trying to pull on the whole roll?

• Like 1

First 2 things to check is make sure you're blade tip isn't broken or dull. Second is are you pulling slack off the roll so the cutter isn't trying to pull on the whole roll?

+1 on what Dakota said. On my MH721, I didn't notice much difference in the downforce when I cut matallics but it's also hard for that machine to cut it cleanly.  I would increase the pinch toller pressure and pre pull off the amount of material you need so it's not dragging off the roll.  I also use to use 60 degree blades to help cut cleanly.  It's tougher material just like a thicker vinyl would be with it being 3 mil and a 45 will not last long and start to mess up quick.  I did the came thing cutting reflective vinyl.  Kris

• Like 1

Thanki you for all the input. Fortunatly I won't be cutting this stuff very often. After adding a bit more pressure on the pinch rollers and taking your advice to pre-roll the material I was able to cut though the stuff resasonably well.

Thank you again for your help

• Like 2