Sign in to follow this  
jgr1269

Cutting problem.

When cutting multiple copies or multi lines of words the cutter goes back and cuts through part of the previous word. Almost like the vinyl isn't advancing far enough. Any help? I've wasted alot of vinyl.

I have no idea if this applies to your particular cutter, but in Signblazer you can adjust the space between cuts,amount of advance,etc..in the settings.

My first thoguht would be a setting in the software. Have you changed any of the settings recently?

I just set it up a couple days ago. The problem just popped up yesterday. I don't know a whole lot about changes in the software so I'm not sure if it's something I have done. The problem started when I was trying to cut multiple copies.

My settings are set at .25 or 1/4". I had problems cutting a 3 line business name. The top line was distorted with an arc and the following 2 lines were straight, but the cutter would go up into the arced area when cutting the second line. I have changed the cutter for best tracking and it seems to have solved the problem. Thanks for your replies.

Glad to hear you found a resolution, and thank you for posting what seems to have helped.

;)