Sign in to follow this  
elgusta

knife is dragged across

Problem: When the job is finished cutting, the plotter does not lift the knife, and the knife is dragged across the job as the knife returns to the origin. Since purchasing the plotter I have not been able to get this working.

All the work done to lose because the head or not snife rose to make cuts

:'(

Guest fivestar

I'm sure you're not using a demo copy of software, because I know there's a brand that will do just that.  Can't remember which one does it, I think it's Sign Cut.

Also there have been many people who had similiar problems, myself included, but my problem was the knife would drop about half way coming back to the origin.  My problem was caused by too much humidity in the room causing static electricity.

Do you have a laserpoint machine?  Does it happen only at the end, or does it consistently keep the knife down?  What program and port are you using?

I was under the impression that humidity decreased static problems.  What did you do to fix it?

I'm sure you're not using a demo copy of software, because I know there's a brand that will do just that.  Can't remember which one does it, I think it's Sign Cut.

Also there have been many people who had similiar problems, myself included, but my problem was the knife would drop about half way coming back to the origin.  My problem was caused by too much humidity in the room causing static electricity.

Guest fivestar

Ran an air conditioner.  It only did it when it was really hot and humid, once I put the A/C in it never did it again.  I can actually "make" it do it whenever I want by simply grabbing a roll of heat press vinyl and pulling it, there's a BUNCH of static in heat press vinyl.

Guest fivestar

Ran an air conditioner.  It only did it when it was really hot and humid, once I put the A/C in it never did it again.  I can actually "make" it do it whenever I want by simply grabbing a roll of heat press vinyl and pulling it, there's a BUNCH of static in heat press vinyl.

Woohoo.....That was my 1000th post.

Hello Everyone

My name is Ken and l am using a graphtec ce1000-60. and using artcut and l have a similar issue.

Everything has been fine but l just switched the machine on and the blade holder is always in the down position.

When you cut it just slices the vinyl.

I place the vinyl under the blade, clamp it down, and then switched the machine on and the blade just went straight into the vinyl and stayed there.

It usually moves right then left and places itself in the ready position.

Your help is sincerely appreciated please.

Ken

Hello Everyone

My name is Ken and l am using a graphtec ce1000-60. and using artcut and l have a similar issue.

Everything has been fine but l just switched the machine on and the blade holder is always in the down position.

When you cut it just slices the vinyl.

I place the vinyl under the blade, clamp it down, and then switched the machine on and the blade just went straight into the vinyl and stayed there.

It usually moves right then left and places itself in the ready position.

Your help is sincerely appreciated please.

Ken

Carriage issue. Might need a new one, or some adjusting.