Sign in to follow this  
KristenMarie

Grit roller bouncing?

I was having issues with cutting, my vinyl not moving as it is supposed to, I was able to track the problem to the left side grit roller. When the pinch holder is down on the left side of the grit roller it pushes it down, not allowing it to feed forward, but only sucking it in. 

Taking a closer look, it looks like the grit roller is loose somehow, and has up and down bounce movement to it, when the right side is tight and secure. I cant seem to find a way to get into the machine to fix this, or tighten a nut or anything. the black "nut" that i can see just spins freely, where as the others are tight and secure. 

Suggestions? 

sorry, its a mh series 28inch

That's the problem its a MH hehe :(   Your cutter came with a Allen Wrench there are 1 hole on each side of the grit rollers try tightening that down

Thanks, i do realize that. Once i fix one problem, i can last maybe a month before the next thing just completely criples my efforts. I have called support, i went through the feed roller repair guide. and i tried the allen wrench as suggested. The far left side is still loose and bounces up and down when pressure is put on it. Making it unuseable. 

Frustrating. 

I would try to take off the left side case, and see if the belt is connected I have herd something about that may slip off sometimes