Sign in to follow this  
thevaik

MH721-MK2 not working with Keyspan USA19H-1

Setup:

Win 8.1 Pro

Sure Cuts A Lot 3 Pro & SignCut

USCutter MH721-MK2 (properly grounded)

Keyspan USA19H-1 (latest drivers from website)

I have tried with both SCAL and SignCut to get the serial working on my plotter. Keyspan Serial Assistant "Test This Port" comes back as passed but when I try to cut with the software SCAL locks up and SignCut just keeps going up in time.

The USB has worked just fine but I've had issues with my cuts that I hoped the keyspan would resolve.

Any suggestions?

Just to confirm,  you are connecting the serial cable that came with your cutter to the Keyspan Adapter, then to your cutter? 

First link looks like it didn't work,  so I sent the link again

I uninstalled Keyspan and all drivers (via device manager) then reinstalled following the steps you sent exactly

Still having the same issue - aftering selecting "test connection" in SCAL, Keyspan will show the com port as "BUSY" and the Line Monitor shows a TX transmission along with some other information. Then SCAL locks up and the plotter does nothing. After uplugging the keyspan SCAL will again respond.

like I said, had this issue with SignCut too. I suspected maybe a bad serial cable so I tried another (I have 2 of these plotters so I have 2 cables) - again, same result.

Both plotters do the exact same thing (one is a 28 inch the other is a 14 inch)

Pulling my hair here. This was supposed to fix the issues I was having with the USB but it seems to have just added issues...

SignBlazer did work...

I'd like to use SCAL though - I just bought a 14-inch USCutter for the sole purpose of obtaining the software and to use as spare parts...

I also can't seem to get SignBlazer to import EPS or DFX files... everything shows up as a black square for the preview then nothing happens when I select it to import...

Well, if SignBlazer is working, then your port communications & cables are fine.

And you are correct, that legacy software is not going to import DXF and newer versions of .eps files.

Can't assist beyond that, my friend.

SCALP is outside of my area of familiarity.

Well, if SignBlazer is working, then your port communications & cables are fine.

And you are correct, that legacy software is not going to import DXF and newer versions of .eps files.

Can't assist beyond that, my friend.

SCALP is outside of my area of familiarity.

I got EPS files to import by creating them in a older illustrator EPS format.

Is SignBlazer something you'd recommend for regular use? The serial cable is much better than the usb, not having the pressure issues I had before where it would cut straight through no matter what my pressure setting was.

Converting to an older format is just a mild inconvenience - I had to do the same thing for SignCut.

Have you activated and upgraded the SCALP software?   I don't use it, but have read there are many updates to it.

Yes, I have. There was only one update and everything worked fine with USB.

Now that I know the serial works with SignBlazer there has to be some kind of issue in SCAL...

Yes, I have. There was only one update and everything worked fine with USB.

Now that I know the serial works with SignBlazer there has to be some kind of issue in SCAL...

I have read that some people on here had problems with a newer update, and went back to an older update,  You might check the SCALP thread.