Spunky.Fresh.Designs

Ribbon Thing???

Hello everyone :)

Inside the top of my machine is this ribbon looking part...is it supposed to be secured to the machine or just the blade cartridge?  I see it's folded back and forth behind the cartridge and the machine has actually stopped cutting toward the end of a project.  Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

THANKS!!! 

Hello everyone :)

Inside the top of my machine is this ribbon looking part...is it supposed to be secured to the machine or just the blade cartridge?  I see it's folded back and forth behind the cartridge and the machine has actually stopped cutting toward the end of a project.  Any ideas on what this is and how to fix it?

THANKS!!! 

That is the carriage ribbon, it is how the carriage gets the cutting info from the mother board. It should "roll" with the carriage.

as for the stopping while cutting, static, usb connection, get keyspan or serial cable

Although this is guessing a typical issues with out knowing the actual cutter as stated above

Its the US cutter SC series.  the carriage ribbon?  Well it rolls, I guess.  I thought maybe that's what it was... I will check all of my cables tomorrow.  What's the deal with Static? just curious

Run a wire from the cutter to the stand. Lower end cutters have static electricity issues. I had issues with cutting till i switched to a serial cable. Now cut all day long no issues.

The static come from the vinyl it's self....Plenty of static...  It will build up ...Sometimes you may need to use Static Guard spray in the area.  Air gets dry,,,Some stick a dryer sheet in the vinyl roll or wipe the vinyl with a dryer sheet....It is more common on the value cutters.

• Like 1