Capt'n Morgan

Heat Press Questions T Shirts

Never closed the press yet I have a 15X18 Swing away what kind of pads and stuff will I need when Doing Sub T Shirts? Do I Need extra silicone pads. Do I put some kind of fabric between the press and the Sub Paper. Give me some do's and don'ts please.

Thanks in advance  :thumbsup:

DO - use a disposable paper like butcher paper between your press bottom and top so the gassed ink doesn't adhere to it and appear on your next pressing

• Like 1

old backing from vinyl works well too for disposable stuff - I use old laminate paper - or butcher paper if I am lazy because it is on an old fashion butchers paper holder with the tear off strip

• Like 1

I get the end rolls of the newspaper they are free and there is a few 1000 feet on them sometimes.

I remember those - now if only there was still newspapers around here! - I think the local rag is farmed out for the last 15 years 

my town is so small we have a paper come out once a week with 2 pages.... your end rolls of 1000 feet would get us through a couple weeks printings!

• Like 5

Hey Great Ideas Guys.  :thumbsup:   Do I need any Extra Silicone Pads? What are these pillow things used for?  Does it hurt to put any paper under the Tshirt or whatever your doing?

Thanks

Duke - I always make sure there is paper top and bottom - that ink if it attaches WILL show up when reheated on another project where you don't want it  - best to have it attach to disposable cheap paper

pillows help with items with zippers, pockets, etc anything that doesn't lay perfectly flat

• Like 2

Okay thanks Dakota, I was reading a couple weeks ago I Think on the thread OW Jones posted on the easy off cleaner comparison with that other stuff, and read where the Ink gets all over everything now and then...... I surely dont want to mess up my $ 200.00 Scuffed Up Heat SunIE Press!  :wacko:  I got my shop just about all setup, and am pretty happy with the LayOut with what I had to work with. I know one thing I sure the hell could use more room! (Pictures Later)

not sure how the easy off works with sub ink - maybe great but it is usually used for those opps with plastisol or other transfers melted to the platen.  I would think it would take it off but sub ink can be a pain if it gets on cause it gasses again when heated and not attached to a poly substrate.  better safe than sorry.   think the sunie thing turned out about the best anyone could expect without a return and replacement - didn't you basically end up with the hat press free?