cfxtees.com

Signcut won't launch

Hope someone can help me.  I tried signcut's live help and was making some progress when they went "away" and left me.  I got my cutter a few days ago with a notice that they were out of CD's for the Mac versions of signcut.  I had received an email from the SignCut-X2 team soon after I won the auction, it contained a license # that I used to download the Mac OS 10.4 version. After installation, when I try to launch SignCut it tries to create a file (signcut.in~) seems to fail and then closes. I have never been certain if I need to download from the USCutter website or ;D Is it failing to recognize that this is a licensed version? That's what it seems to me, but I never see a widow when signcut launches that asks me to enter the license #  Anyone have an idea what should I do? Powerbook G4 800mhz OS 10.4.11.  Thanks. Tom

Ensure that you have the most up-to date version.  I downloaded directly from the Signcut Site.

Then,

Try clearing your preferences and letting sign cut rebuild them.

User/library/application support/preferences/

Delete signcut import preferences.  It should rebuild it on your next launch. 

Run Disc utility and repair permissions on your drive.  Those are the first steps to take.  Give that a shot, we'll dig deeper if that doesn't work.

I will move this over to the SignCut category where Kimon may be able to shed some light.

Ran disk utility - permissions repaired.  I didn't find any signcut prefs in user/library/applicationsupport, but found a signcut file in user/library/preferences.  Deleted it - same problem.  It looks like a file begins to be built in the application folder window, it appears for a second, disappears and then closes.  I was watching the preferences folder (user/library/preferences) and the list would jump as if a file was being added, then back to nothing and signcut crashes (unexpected close).  I just found a signcut error file (lucky me!) (below).  BTW - I found no Quicktime files in the frameworks folder.  I'm in this over my head - any ideas?

Date/Time:      2008-04-04 09:35:44.924 -0700

OS Version:     10.4.11 (Build 8S165)

Report Version: 4

Command: SignCut

Path:    /Applications/SignCut/SignCut.app/Contents/MacOS/SignCut

Parent:  WindowServer [58]

Version: SignCut version 2.21, Copyright Whisqu Graphic AB (2.20)

PID:    807

Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Symbol not found: _kQTImageBufferUseHighQualityGammaCorrectionKey

Referenced from: /System/Library/QuickTime/QuickTimeComponents.component/Contents/MacOS/QuickTimeComponents

Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickTime.framework/Versions/A/QuickTime

well,

There was some issues with the 10.4.11 combo updater.  Last time you did a software update did everything go okay? any crashes or hanging up?  what version of Quicktime is currently installed?  There was also a problem with a version of quicktime causing some apps crashing.

Sorry I have been so long in responding to the helpful posts here.  I will post the solution to my problem in the hope that it might help some other lost soul.  It turns out that some new addition to my system software (Apple update) broke some function of my Belkin router (it worked, but was constantly losing connection).  I finally used another wireless router and got all the new system updates (and the new Quicktime) and presto! Signcut launched.  It seems that I needed the updated Quicktime to properly launch (whoda thunk).  Now I need to see if I can connect to my Powerbook and do some work without the Keyspan adapter - more adventure!  Hey, I just got a notice that the Signcut software that I haven't used yet needs to have the registration renewed - I thought a fully functioning version was included with the USCutter machine.  Silly me.  What gives?  Thanks.

Yay!  My ideas worked.  Hmmm I guess my engineer title on my business card is  good for something  :P

Yes there was a update that came through from apple a couple weeks ago that caused some wireless connection problems.  The Short term fix was to turn off IPv6.  They released a proper fix within 2 days.

Glad you got it working.  The Keyspan is a worthwhile investment I've found.  There was a discussion going on that it should have been included for the mac folks.  But  let's not get into that here.  I would Contact Ken or SignCut regarding your licensing issue.  They should be able to straighten that out for you.  Signcut is a little strange how it licenses it self.

Actually signcut is pretty staight forward on licensing. you receive a trial license that you need to register to try out the software, once you are finished with the trial you need to redeem your purchase ticket to "pay" for your subscription. Once you have redeemed your certificate all you need to do is allow signcut to connect to the internet about once a week to validate your license although signcut will continue to work for about 2 weeks without phoning home.

If you have any trouble with it or anyother concerns or questions about our products please feel free to drop me a PM here or you may email our support desk at support@sc-x2.com

I got an email when I purchased the machine stating that they were "out" of signcut and would send it along later.  Never came.  I just downloaded it thinking that the license # that was sent to me was the activation # for the software.  Now it says that my intro period is over and I have to purchase the signcut.  How do I get USCutter to send me the purchase ticket that will allow me to use it? All I get is that I have to purchase a new sub period.  I did buy the Mac Signcut with the machine, no? Emails have not been answered.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Tom

I got an email when I purchased the machine stating that they were "out" of signcut and would send it along later.  Never came.  I just downloaded it thinking that the license # that was sent to me was the activation # for the software.  Now it says that my intro period is over and I have to purchase the signcut.  How do I get USCutter to send me the purchase ticket that will allow me to use it? All I get is that I have to purchase a new sub period.  I did buy the Mac Signcut with the machine, no? Emails have not been answered.   Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.  Tom

Instead of waiting for more hard copies, we now have bundle registration codes that you use in place of the Purchase Tickets to get your license number and 3 year subscription without having to pay. Just send me a PM with your phone number and I will call you to get things squared away.