Sign in to follow this  
mactube

Logo change to preserve SC Cutter

Hi I'm pretty new to the cutting game.. just got my SC cutter set up and ready to work after a couple of successful test cuts. 
I have noticed how fast, loud and the machine is working. Since I want to cut my logo for stickers and shirts in a higher amount I'm afraid I are out toe machine with the detailed palm tree leafs I have in my logo.
What do you guys think !?

I'm looking to change my logo with simpler palm tee leafs ... not everybody who has been in California knows the distinctive look of the high palm trees with the small crown and the short leafs .. so much different,
then palm trees in the care bean or Miami .
I want to preserve this look .. just don't know who .

I'm great full for any advise .

post-63423-0-80960900-1406498707_thumb.j

that design is not going to over work your cutter.  Your cutter is loud because it has a stepper motor..Servo motors are quiet.   You can also slow down the speed.    Value cutters are loud, because  they have stepper motors.  I have heard the SC is quite loud, that is just how the machine operates..

Make some money off of it and upgrade,  

• Like 2

I haven't been to CA.  I don't know about the look of the trees.  But maybe you can find something here that is pleasing:  http://all-silhouettes.com/vector-palms/

Like the good sir Mz SKEETER said, it isn't going to over work your cutter.  Heck the thing is meant to work!  Unleash the dogs of the cutter.  I think I would clean up the lines in the CALI part though, that would ease the work the cutter was doing and I think look a bit nicer.

• Like 1

Like the good sir Mz SKEETER said,

dcbevins......How did you get sir out of Mz Skeeter?   :huh:    :rolleyes:    this is why I put Mz, 'cause I am a woman......

• Like 1

dcbevins......How did you get sir out of Mz Skeeter?   :huh:    :rolleyes:    this is why I put Mz, 'cause I am a woman......

ABORT ABORT ABORT

You asked for a logo change --- this is what I came up with ---  (the SBD file is native to SignBlazerElements, and I highly suggest you use that program)

post-21408-0-81649100-1406650287_thumb.j

cali.EPS

cali.SBD

• Like 4

@slice&dice ... thank you for the logo suggestion.. 

I really like my logo , since it more than a statement then an actual logo. Thats why I was looking for a way to simplify the cut for my cutter.. and I think I found it.

I just deleted some of the  extra "cutting points" in Scalp which didn't change the shape of the palm trees too much so the cutting is simpler, but the shape remains for the most part.

I really hope these shapes don't effect the cutter like you guys say..

screenshot_09.jpgscreenshot_11.jpg