fourthsyde

Where do you get your business cards?

now THAT is something I never heard of. Around here the only time a Walmart closes is when they build a bigger one down the road. The old stores would make good bowling alleys.

We had a KMart and it shut down.  Walmart is scheduled to come in a year, but I dont see how it can survive as KMart was deadsville.  NOt a big enough population base.

kind of off topic but I am just curious...how many among those on here are old enough to remember this:

you needed a pair of shoes. You went to the shoe store. Someone would sit you down,measure your foot..size and width, and fit you with the right size. Then you would try them on,walk around a bit,and decide if they felt OK. They always did.

Try that at walmart or the mall.

I haven't had a proper fitting pair of shoes in 20 years. I have extra wide feet.

thats why im glad to live in a small town... you still get a lot of service like that...

this is the reason i thrive on being self employed. i can give my clients that personal service they so need and deserve. granted they are paying for it. i get $45 an hour as a general contractor, and i do all of the work myself so i know at the end of the day, the customer got the best deal and the best quality for their money.

my2c

bb

We had a KMart and it shut down.  Walmart is scheduled to come in a year, but I dont see how it can survive as KMart was deadsville.  NOt a big enough population base.

Kmart was having serious problems all over...Sears bought them, they closed a lot of stores.

Walmart seems to thrive where none others can survive. KInda like roaches.

i will not set foot in walmart. mostly because of their religious overtones and the creepy feeling i get when i go in there.

bb