Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Mom would be 66 Today

As you all know my mom recently passed away I have been dealing with it mostly badly I was close to her not a norman bates kind of close. However today would be her birthday and It hit pretty hard when I realized what day it was. Last year she was in the Hospital waiting for her double bypass and the removal of a blood clot. Dad and I went to see her and wished her a happy Bday and of course gifts and cards. However we also called her in the morning to wish her a happy birthday and we would be there to see her. But today all I can do is look to the heavens and say Happy Birthday Mom.  I know she is up there with her parents, my grandpa on my dads, side all her aunts and uncles. Figuring she is also partying with Dean Martin, Ole Blue Eyes and Red Skelton. So heres to you mom HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

• Like 6

Lost my Dad when I was about 22. My Mom lived quite a bit longer but eventually passed on about 4 years ago. It's a pang that never truly goes away. I believe you have it right though, She is with loved ones in a better place. We lived before this life and will live on after it. 

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting: The soul that rises with us, our life's Star, Hath had elsewhere its setting, And cometh from afar: Not in entire forgetfulness, And not in utter nakedness, But trailing clouds of glory do we come, From God, who is our home" -William Wordsworth 

• Like 2

At times I swear she is around I hear dishes being rattled, silverware, and the occasional Turn the crap off in her voice. Now if I'm imaging it who knows.