MadHatterGraphix

Sample to show customer

Am I the only one who gets people who want to see samples before they buy or order anything from me? I had a guy call me up which is a friend of a friend of a friends. He is starting an auto shop up and wants to see a sample of a sign he can put in his window. Well of course I figured well why not I got some smaller pieces of vinyl laying around and have nothing better to do. So I designed a sample coroplast sign. Now I haven't done signs in a long time so I had to relearn what I learned. So my question to all of you, do you make samples up to show potential customers? 

I have a sample sign of my logo I carry with me. I do their sign off my printer on paper. It gives them what the sign will look like, and mine gives them something to see how the vinyl on coro works out

I have samples online, there are samples around town ( can give them addresses) and

there are a few samples hanging in my shop.

I haven't put together any coro mock-ups for potential clients...  They're called Signs and I sell those

• Like 5

My response is usually decal: look at my car, sign: here is addresses of signs I have done, shirts: I am always wearing one unless I am in my full time job uniform. I have also given out a lot of can koozies with my logo on them that I have made. This seems to be enough for all the people that are really interested in my services those looking for a "free sample" typically just want me to do the whole job for free and then they will consider using me for their next project and I don't waste my time or money on these people.

Yeah I use a printer and paper if you want a mock up. I have a book of all the stuff we have done signs, decals, cups, so on they can look at that. If they want to see a sign or whatever tell them of the ones you have installed and have them look there. I do not do coro signs they never last but a few months here.

Its what the customer wants so I wont argue with him. But I had a piece I was practicing with long time ago and it has a bare side so I made one. Its no big deal. I have pictures of t-shirts, and the other stuff I have done so I will just add a picture of this too.

He only wants it till he gets to ordering a sign and get it approved by the city so this will be up for a couple of weeks at the most.

• Like 1