Sign in to follow this  
bk2design

Transparent vinyl

For those of you doing vehicle lettering:

Have you ever used the transparent vinyl as an overlay on top of layered text or graphics?

I'm about to do my brother in laws van and the name is 3 layers, the logo is 8 layers.

Would the transparent be benificial to keep it clean, keep that nasty white stuff from wax buliding up on edges?

You could laminate it with clear vinyl.  It should help keep it clean and make it easier to clean.

I'd do it wet after you install the logo to make sure you don't get any air bubbles.

EIGHT layers of vinyl!?  Wow!  Should have just gotten it printed, it would have been cheaper.  LOL.

$50 to print that?  How large?

You need to either make friends with a local guy or.....pay someone from the internet.

Ya know the more I read your replies I just don't know what to write. Is 8 basic layers too complicated for you?

I think that is just to much. Aligning all that vinyl and stuff. How would that many layers feel to the touch?

It shouldn't be that bad, the eagle character isn't that big or complicated. The shield is 3 layers and the blue and white are cut to reveal the lower layers.