Sign in to follow this  
mksews

heat press vinyl not sticking after washing

OK...customer comes in today with 2 t-shirts I did using the siser heat press vinyl..the neon color...and the vinyl had completely come away from the shirt....now the shirt had shrunk up some..but isn't the vinyl still  supposed to stick?  What did we do wrong?  I used a heat press and good vinyl..MK

Most of the time it is from either low heat (have you checked your temperature with an infra-red thermometer? The budget presses are often off A LOT) or uneven pressure. If the shirts have thick seams or collars they may have caused the pressure issue. I use a pres pillow to combat this. If it's not that then it could be something with the shirts like an anti-stain coating but this is less likely if they are basic t-shirts. 

• Like 1

Thanks!  I'll check the temp. but it might be more the pressure issue as these shirts have thick colors and puffy sleeves.  If i use the pillow --or I tried a mouse pad do I have to lock the press down?  I tried it that way and I couldn't get it all the way down.  THanks!  MK

Where did the shirts come from?  Sometimes shirts from Walmart . have a stain retardant on them and will cause the vinyl to lift.

If you are not locking down the press that could also, be the cause,   you should be able to use the knob and lift the pressure up enough to still use a mouse pad underneath ...

• Like 1

I had the same issue when I started, 2 major things to check 1. the heat press temp and pressure 2. Source of the tshirt. In my case my heat press was displaying the correct temp until i checked with the infra-red thermometer and also I did not have the pressure set up correctly.

Hope this help.