Sign in to follow this  
kitconceptz

Refine 721 LCD Off, Can I change settings from Comp?!

So today my LCD suddenly crapped out, and now I don't have the ability to change the force or speed from the machine and still need to print stuff.  Can I change these settings somehow from the computer?!  Thanks

So today my LCD suddenly crapped out, and now I don't have the ability to change the force or speed from the machine and still need to print stuff.  Can I change these settings somehow from the computer?!  Thanks

Also looks like i can use the test buttons and reset buttons but it won't let me print from teh comp seeing if I was able to use the force where it was but it defaults to 100 if I remember....ugh.  Any suggestions

Also looks like i can use the test buttons and reset buttons but it won't let me print from the comp seeing if I was able to use the force where it was but it defaults to 100 if I remember....ugh.  Any suggestions

Funny you should mention that, because it was one of the little annoyances when I first got my MH -- that each time it was turned off and then on again, the previously-set force and speed adjustments were erased and the defaults came back.

Anyway, from what you're describing, the motherboard is shot, since the cutter is not responding to data flow.

So here's what I would suggest:

Are you making money with this cutter? Do you have paying jobs in the pipeline? Are you anticipating generating more jobs in May, June, July?

If the answer to all those questions is "yes" then go over to the USCUTTER website and order a replacement machine, like the nice LPII 24" with stand and a useful media catch-basket, that is now priced at $520 delivered.

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-LaserPoint-II-Vinyl-Cutter-w-Sure-Cuts-A-Lot-Pro-Design-Cut-Software

You'll probably make that money back in two weeks of cutting for clients.

depending on what software you are using, yes you should be able to change settings from comp.

flexi software loves to override plotters and use it's settings so you never have to change anything on machine.

all changes are usually made from your production manager.

depending on what software you are using, yes you should be able to change settings from comp.

flexi software loves to override plotters and use it's settings so you never have to change anything on machine.

all changes are usually made from your production manager.

Yeah, good luck with that.

His cutter took a dump, apparently, and nothing is getting through from the comp.

Actually the comment was they could still " print " but not set the force and speed. The reason I thought maybe just a display. They are running great prices on the copam now too for a big step up in quality over the mh or lp

OK, $550 (shipped) for the REFURB. unit without a stand. No question, it's a very cool unit, with 2-year warranty.

Back a few years ago, when my MH got messed up (I broke the USB port by tripping over the cable) I replaced it by jumping up to the next level with the SC, but I really should have gone with a Copam, IMHO.

I wonder if he could retrofit the MH stand somehow to hold the copam?  I've seen people here put a piece of board on top to accommodate other cutters on stands that were not specifically designed to fit them.

Lots of people have used the boards to adapt a stand, now the cop am stand is heavier but it also has the rollers under the cutter which I didn't care for