Sign in to follow this  
jfronk

Trouble with Signblazer

Hello All;

I have a question about SB. When using SB and I go to the font dialog box and click on the dropdown arrow the list flashes and the dialog box disappears. I am using SB on a laptop with windows 7 Home. I have used the font selection before and not had any problems. Need some input

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Jerry, many years ago, when I was first learning to use a computer, a guy named David Pogue wrote a book called Macs for Dummies.

In it, he mentioned that one of the bizarre things he would run across is applications failing/crashing due to font conflicts.

That was not only the case with mac PC's but also with Windows PC's.

Although Jerry Bonham did a pretty decent job writing code for SignBlazer, he could not anticipate the advances in Operating System functionality that would potentially expose weaknesses in his program. Such as the Font Dialogue (which, obviously, has to access the System in order to get a listing of Fonts and their previews to show you)

Anyway, the whole fonts-handling issue is complex enough to bring an entire computer operating system to its knees, so this little glitch is not a biggie.

Use the up/down arrows on the keyboard to navigate the font list, instead of trying to mouse into the dialogue box.

Or reinstall SBE and see if things return to normal.