Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

FREE Epson solvent printer

Thanks knucklehead - just down the road and all over it - if nothing else for the take up reel

• Like 1

without the mainboard it will not be a savable unit but parts could be worth the short drive.    head for that thing is $3K I just read

I am betting not - it looks like advantage is the dealer in the area but the thing that scares me is the system talks to epson (read where a new one was shut down during upgrade and advantage had to wait for epson to fix it 4 days later as they couldn't access that part so I am betting it isn't as easy as that.    kinda on the fence now but I have the go  ahead to pick it up

will see how it turns out jason - they said they will load for me - great news with the shoulder

Knuckle - thanks for the info, after talking to the tech at advantage and finding about the only mb you can get are the ones listed in china with no secure way to really get one guaranteed - I backed out tonight - it will have the mb removed tomorrow when the new printer arrives - then the countdown begins on getting it running before the heads dry in under 2 weeks , then you have an expensive boat anchor as the tech said.  The gerber has had bearings around the head removed and one of the foil carts,   if someone needed either for parts it would be good but not worth it for even only being an hr away.   I wouldn't mind trying the epson but also after reading the printer must connect and be updated by epson, one person had one installed on friday and when it did an update the techs from the dealer couldn't fix it and had to wait until espon did their voodoo on monday.  I asked the rep if after the unit is decomissioned friday would that unit's serial number prevent it from being reactivated with a new mb - he didn't think they tracked them to that level but said it could be a possibility.   with that in mind guess I still like rolands.    but don't get me wrong if the right one at the right price came along I would do it as long as it didn't need that $3K head replaced!

so if anyone else wants them they are there for the taking as of monday!