Rdaniel

MH-721 start point?

I am very new to plotters and just received my MH721. I will be cutting 24 inch SSB mostly and I have yet to figure out how to set a new start point on a roll that has already had a stencil cut out. I want to maximize my material and cut mostly 12X18 stencils so I have an extra 12X18 of material after each cut. I know it has to do with adjusting the XY axis but can't find it in any tutorial or Youtube video. I am using inkscape and SCAL. Can anyone help with this?

In scal you simply put your cutting head where you want it to start the cut and and choose origin point in the cutting dialog box (comes up when you click cut icon)

Be sure your vinyl is set up in such a way that you can move the pinch rollers to keep the vinyl on track. If you use two rollers on the outer edges of your 24 inch roll it will be a problem where the cut off material is since there is nothing to feed.

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed to know. I finally got tired of buying stock stencils and want to move up to some custom ones but I have to learn the software and machine first. I think I'll test it with the pen before I try to actually cut any stencils.

Have you decided yet what vinyl you will use for the stencils? I'm using Oracal 810 and am quite happy with it.