Sign in to follow this  
coateslr

Pause not stopping cutter & other questions

When I push the pause button on the copam 4050, it stops cutting for a few seconds, the it shows cutting on the display and begins cutting again.  I have to press pause again then turn the cutter off to get it to stop cutting.  I've notice in the SignBlazer Elements software, that when I click cancel during cutting, it hangs the program.  I always have to go to the Task Manager and kill the program.  Could this be the cause of the cutter not wanting to pause? 

I just noticed that I have 3 pinch rollers, but only two have the metal thingy in them.  The middle one does not.  Is it supposed to? 

What if the vinyl width does not line up with the green sections?  How do you know where to place the 2nd or 3rd roller so the vinyl does not bunch up?

At what size width should you only need to use 2 rollers and as you use wider vinyl at what size should you place a third roller?

Why is the default home position of the cutter not at the first far right green section.  Is there a reason or purpose that the vinyl is not always placed there to the far right.  When should it be on the far right?

Thanks a bunch!

If SignBlazer locks up while canceling, try unplugging the cable from the cutter or computer to get it unfrozen as opposed to using the task manager.

The middle pinch roller does not have the dot because when the cutter measures the material widthwise, it is measuring from pinch roller to pinch roller, and the little silver dot is a magnet that the carriage senses.

Pinch rollers must be in the green section to keep the material from drifiting or bunching up. Most vinyl is in 15" and 24" widths, and the green sections should line up wwith that. You should only need two pinch rollers for up to 24", and over that you may need the 3. The far right origin of the carriage depends upon where you have the far right pinch roller.