Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Other photo gifts - not dye sub.

The ladies that run the local D.A.R.E. haunted house asked me to look into setting up a scary photo opportunity approximately half-way through the haunted house (with pics similar to those found here) and then sell prints to people as they exit the haunted house - like on roller-coaster rides in a lot of theme parks.

I've got most of the logistics worked out as far as a digital camera on a tripod plus two slave flashes, an EyeFi memory card + WiFi router and ethernet cables to get the photos from the camera to where the laptop, large monitor and photo printer will be setup at the exit, etc., but I'm trying to figure out what options there are other than just a printed 8x10" photo.  Ideally I'd like to get a lead on those cheap cardboard frames that they use at theme parks, and any photo gifts that can be quickly snapped together.

I went on a dolphin tour in Clearwater Beach a couple of years ago and they take your family/group's photo as you board and when you get back they have prints made and then some sort of clear plastic photo keychain that they can put your picture in, a cheap cardstock frame/carrier for your printed photo, etc.  If anyone knows where I might be able to find quantity pricing on items like that, I'd appreciate a heads up.

I'd love to be able to do dye sub gifts, but I'm thinking it will take too long to print transfers, press, cool, etc as they run a new group through about every 3 minutes or so.  I would be able to take orders for later delivery, but I think these sorts of things are spur-of-the-moment driven and by the next day it may not seem as necessary.   I'm sure we'll get some great photos that are worth doing something special with, but I don't know how many...

I'm planning to provide all the equipment and labor (myself plus one helper to either take the pictures or sell the prints) and then split the proceeds with them, with the hog's share going to them.  As long as I cover my costs, I'm OK with not making a profit as it all goes to a good cause (anti drug training for school kids).

I considered doing photo buttons as they are quick to do and cheap.  I donated a bunch of pre-made buttons last year for them to sell at $1 each and they were all gone in the first 2 days.  My sister will probably be my helper and she already knows how to work my button making equipment...