frdmftr

My how the technology has changed (old school)

I wish we had a forum like this when I started cutting vinyl over 20 years ago. I've been out of the industry for over 10 years and am just getting back in. I worked (now retired) for the Federal Gov't in aerospace and introduced that industry to the concept of computer generated vinyl graphics vs. stencil/paint.

I've already browsed many of the topics (I just received my Laserpoint 24) and am catching up fast. Like I mentioned, I'm 'old school' with experience in old DOS (LOL) and remember WIN 3.1? I used Scanvec (CASMATE) vector software and now am schooling up on SignBlazer. Remarkable how far all this has come (advanced tech no doubt).

I look forward to 'tearing' up yards of vinyl, mostly hobby for now. Thanks in advance for what I learn from this site.

Welcome to the forum.  I'll admit this forum had a total newbie, cutting vinyl within a day of setting it up.  I'm still learning how to vector..SLOWLY!  ;)

Jenny

Always good to have someone with a ton of experience join the forum... welcome.

Don't know about a 'ton' of experience, maybe quite a few pounds though. We will see what I 'remember' when the vinyl starts flowing. My 'honey-do's' around the house are many. The driving factor for getting the equipment was the 'outflow' of my $$ going to other vinyl business's supporting my wife's decorating habits.

Now I are the sign maker again ;)

Welcome Frdmftr. Let us know if there is anything you need.