Sign in to follow this  
jlala

New here. need some help with cs6 erasing duplicate path??

I started on a terrible budget, So I started with WINPCSIGN.

I have noticed from the get go that this software was somewhat outdated ..

anyway I don't have the " pro " version which I guess will allow you to erase duplicate paths in the cutting software before print.

I was wondering if someone knew of a quick or ANY way to get rid of this. I have always sent my artwork out to be vectorized before I  had cs6. Since I just purchased my first big boy machine. I figured it was time to get more familiar with my design software.

So, My issue is the classic - cuts the media exactly the same lines TWICE.

Any help would be awesome!

Also. no matter what size I make the artboard in cs6 it makes a box sharing the outer line of my art. Which is slowly but surely aggravating me..

Thanks, Joe

I use CS6. I always set the artboard to artwork bounds when I have finished the file before the final save. Object, artboard, artwork bounds. I also have a 3mm bleed just in case the artboard is too close to the art. The other thing that you might look at is converting your strokes to outlines.

The duplicate paths are probably a result of using the merge command. There is a way to find hidden paths but I don't know the commands off hand and I'm not at my machine at the moment. I did see a post in the Illustrator section about this though.

just click on one of the paths you are talking about and then use the select similar box to select all objects with similar fill and it will highlight all the open paths and then just hit delete and they will be gone but your image will look the same. Try to use the "unite" rather than the "merge" as merge treats things a little differently and doesn't discard the open areas for you like unite does.