Sign in to follow this  
threezzz

transfer tape for oracal 651

i have only been doing window decals since november.. but have sold over 500...i only have been using the 651 (which seems great!)... i have been using the rtape high tack RTT4075... general application tape.... has anyone ever had the problem of the application tape curl up to the vinyl decal..it doesn't stick to the backing were there is no vinyl....i think it looks very tacky that it curls up so bad... the roll i have seems really bad compared to the first roll but that one did it too but not this bad... it is a new roll... anyone have any ideas/tricks that may help..??..or a different brand of application tape..??.. i may call us cutters in the morning and see what they say...

Some people use the R-tape with RLA.  (Release Liner Adhesion)

I personally use Main Perfect Tear medium tack  paper tape.   I use cello tape to tape the ends down anyway before shipping,  Have for years now.

• Like 1

I personally don't care for Main Tear...I use the Rtape conform (4076-RLA)...conforms nicely, no wrinkles, and sticks to the backing very well.

• Like 2

4076-RLA here and I love it especially for larger stuff. I have a 24" roll of Greenstar also just for stuff that I'm taping and immediately assembling. It curls if it sits too long but it's a lot cheaper per roll. Anything that goes to the customer or has to sit for any length of time gets the 4076-RLA.

• Like 3

I hve tried the PerfecTear Plus GPX 775 tape.

During wet install it leaves residue on vinyl.  Then I have to remove the residue.  Anyone have this happen

I use Oracal 651, Rapid Tac 2 before application and spay app tape after install to remove from vinyl

So far I dont like it..

I used clear, even on wet app, worked great