iaucolumbus

I need your input, Good or Bad.

Hey everyone I am working on a design for my new truck and I need some input. I would like to know what you think about the truck photo I have posted. Good or bad I need to know what you think.  I think it looks ok but I'm not to sure if that is what I want to go with.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brent

post-952-12986516998161_thumb.jpg

post-952-12986517039946_thumb.jpg

Guest Terry

Looks great but, I myself don't like the fiqure, and I would enlarge inflatable rentals. Just my opinion. They also look good if you tilt it and run the text from rocker panels up to door handles and towards the top of box. just a test to try. Looks nice on silver though, just did one like that.

Well, first off.... It's a dodge so that's a plus. To me, if you're going to go that big it needs more to it. Like another layer in a different color.

Terry,

Maybe I'm stupid but I just can't get what your saying...long day. If you have time I am adding the original photo. If you can show me what you would do with the design. I want it to look fun but also cool at the same time. I feel like I need the figure so that people get the whole kids inflatable thing.

Brent

[attachment deleted by admin]

I agree that 'Inflatable Rentals' needs to be larger.  Maybe have the kid going slightly on the back door glass.   Other than that I personally like it.

Jenny

Well, first off.... It's a dodge so that's a plus. To me, if you're going to go that big it needs more to it. Like another layer in a different color.

I take it you like Dodge..lol.  I was thinking the same thing but I have been having issues with doing two layer text.

Brent

still a rookie with no clue.

I agree that 'Inflatable Rentals' needs to be larger.  Maybe have the kid going slightly on the back door glass.   Other than that I personally like it.

Jenny

I was going to have him on the glass but I hate that it would block my kids view. I have my van covered and they hate not being able to see out the side windows. I might place it just below their line of sight and see if that works.

Thanks for the input.

Brent

Yeah, that would work, just slightly on the glass, that way the kids can still see out it just fine!!  If you try that post a pic, I'd love to see it.  I think having some of that white on the tinted glass would look GREAT!

Jenny

I saw a truck where the guy had this cartoon character on the door with regular vinyl and then the portion that went on the window was the perforated see thru material.

I wasn't necesarily meaning another layer of text but a shape to pull it all together

Here is one that I made a few changes too. I made the inflatables larger and I made the boy a litttle larger.

what do you think?

Brent

post-952-1298651700423_thumb.jpg

post-952-12986517045352_thumb.jpg

I really liked how that turned out this time!! Great Job.

Jenny

I really liked how that turned out this time!! Great Job.

Jenny

Thanks! I think if I can add two colors/layers to the text it would look much better.

Brent

Guest Terry

Here is one that I made a few changes too. I made the inflatables larger and I made the boy a litttle larger.

what do you think?

Brent

MUCH better, still not sure about the figure it needs something, I just downloaded the clean pic of the truck, must be a hell of a camera it was like 3-4 megs, nice photo to work with. Everyone should take it for test ideas.Could just be the bright white? maybe silver? oops, silver truck, never mind.LOL

Guest Terry

by any chance is that an illustrator file?

Terry,

The camera I used was my digital rebel. It takes great pictures and I love it. I was thinking the same thing about the figure. I think it is the white... it's a little bright I tried to change the color but it didn't look right. I figured out how to layer the text and I'm working on that right now. Man I love this stuff!!!

Brent

Guest Terry

I think you have it on your own, looks great!!! just the figure needs something, maybe try a black shadow just offset, then post it please so we can see. I love it, nice job. Consider the lower insert panels on doors when you size it. And the box meeting the cab.

Guest Terry

oops, never mind your above the door inserts. NICE!!!!!! CUT IT!!!!!! ;)

Guest Terry

By the way you don't need to layer text for offset shadow, you just cut the same text file with a different color vinyl roll, spray it and slide it to the side offset.

Well I definitely wouldn't use THAT many colors as it would be to distracting.  I like the idea of the kid bouncing, maybe he could just be tweeked to look a little different??

Jenny

For some reason when I see the kid jumping I think right of top of the head.. "child care"  until I take the time to read the detials. Though the kid does makes since, most people only have a split second to see the advertising and due to the color arrangement the kid is the first thing they are going to see.

Is this for a client or is this your personal truck and design.

Eric

For some reason when I see the kid jumping I think right of top of the head.. "child care"   until I take the time to read the detials. Though the kid does makes since, most people only have a split second to see the advertising and due to the color arrangement the kid is the first thing they are going to see.

Is this for a client or is this your personal truck and design.

Eric

True, kid needs a change. He is not jumping as if he was in an inflatable house, but as if he was excited or just jumping in an open field. Everything else looks good!

Joe