Sign in to follow this  
JD7321

Zencut black/Signcut problem

Ok.. So I sold my Zencut Black 52" and signcut pro lifetime dongle to a friend who is taking over my business. They set it up on their laptop, and it doesn't work. I looked it over, and everything looks set up correctly. They called USCutter customer service, and they first guy told her my LIFETIME dongle expired, and talked her into paying $100 to renew it.. Then when that still didn't work, they made her call back  later to talk to someone else, and that person told her USCUTTER no longer supports Signcut pro.. WTF? UScutter still SELLS signcut pro. It's always been compatable with zencut black. They recommended she buy cutsalot or whatever it's called.. What happened to UScutter customer support? The last time i needed them, granted it was 3 years ago, they were great, so helpful. Anyway, any recommendations? I guess I'll tell her to try Signcut customer service. this is ridiculous.

hang tight I suspect someone from usc will get with you tomorrow - but usc doesn't support any of the software as far as I know just the cutters - so I think you was right in sending them to signcut service - on that same note usually software licenses are non transferable by the agreement.  often the dongle versions will work elsewhere though but not guranteed other than the original person to install it

Thanks dakota, In case anyone else runs into this, it was a Windows 8 issue, of course.   That being said, This is the response I got from USCutter... 

In reply to your inquiry "Zencut Black/Signcut pro issue.":

I'm sorry for the repeated issues trying to get this cutter running. We definitely can help. Most of our support team doesn't have much experience with the ZenCut machines, so may not realize they were only distributed with SignCut. For the most part we have cut ties with SignCut. While we do still sell the software, we no longer distribute it with our cutters. We definitely can help with this issue though. Mostly these issues are handled by our tier 3 support team, but I can also help. Please have your friend give us a call again and ask for tier 3 support or me directly. Make sure they mention the cutter they are using and that I said we could support the issue.

Regards,

Robert M

Technical Support: 1-888-975-2047

Sales: 1-888-298-8143

Thanks Robert. 

• Like 1