MrMopar64

size issue

Not sure how to fix this.

I made some lettering in flexi 8.2 i think in design center I set them to be 18.5" tall.

Then went to the cut window it was set at 100% cut the letters and they came out 17.875

Is there a setting in the software to correct this?

Thanks

MM64 B)

I do not use flexi but in signblazer there is size correction that can be used. Not much help

I use Flexi 8.2 also,  mine does it, but not as bad... like on a 6" lettering, it came out to like 5.8XX but it goes from the highest point to the lowest point of the cut job,  Try it out on like just a square cut out, mine came out pretty much exact, i thought the same thing a couple times, 

With my taxes this year, i might upgrade to flexisign 10 pro... it has a few more options that I like, 

Generally the software will size your text to the capital height of "x" because not all letters in font are exactly the same size, this is why you get size variations.

if you want exact sizes you have size based on your dimensions not your text, the text palette offers it's own sizing and this is different from actual size although

the difference is usually minimal.

Many times the font doesn't size correctly because it wasn't created correctly like a lot of the free fonts you get online, to adjust for this just make your text outlines and then size.

Thanks I'll try that... I was using arial black all caps... they are all the same height but not what they were set to be

MM64 B)