motoxchic

Selling USCutter, question about software inclusion

I am going to list my SC24 cutter to sell online.  I was wondering if anyone knows how the software part would work? 

It originally came with Sign Cut Pro subscription for 1 year, which I used (and still use with my Graphtec).  Would the buyer be able to just use whatever software they want (including SignCut if they wanted to pay for a subscription)?   I am thinking I need to list it as cutting driver included, cutting software not included?  Or list compatible cutting software options (check with software manufacturer on any applicable cost)? 

thank you!

They can just go to Signcut and get their own subscription. I wouldn't list it as deficient but be sure and disclose to interested parties that they will need the software. They are going to need the ability to build vector graphics too through inkscape or some other program so the cutting part will be no big deal. They can probably get a copy of SignBlazer from UScutter that will cut and design.

• Like 1

Here's what I would do ----  burn a CD containing both Inkscape and SignBlazer installers.

• Like 1

thats a good idea :)  2 freebies and I dont have to mention 'doesnt come with software'

thank you!!

Y-W.

While you are at it, go ahead and add IRFANVIEW (and Ghostscript) and IRFANVIEW Thumbnails so that .eps files can be viewed.

I bought my USCutter used and it did not come with software but the gentleman told me where to look to get started. I use Inkscape and Signcut. Thanks for the info on IRFANVIEW did not know about it. I have just been opening up eps files in Signcut.

Butch