Sign in to follow this  
atomicimprints

Signcut Pro and Laserpoint 1 Contour Cutting Problem

Hopefully someone can assist me with a problem I'm having trying to contour cut using Signcut Pro.  I have a Laserpoint 1 and I've installed the trial of Signcut Pro to test the contour cutting ability.  I can cut regular designs just fine, no problems at all.  But, when I try to calibrate the laserpointer for contour cutting, the cutter head will not jog.  It draws the crosshairs (using the pen adapter) on a test piece, but when it ask me to jog the cutter head to line up the laser, it won't move.  Even if I try to align the laser with the registration marks on a printed page (using the simple contour cut menu), the cutter head will not jog.  But, if I close out of the laserpoint registration screen or simple countour cut screen, and I click the big "Jog" button in the toolbar, the cutter head will move.  Doesn't make any sense to me....any thought?:huh:

Hi mate,

Did you put in a support request about this to our helpdesk?

If no, please do so. I think we better hook you up for a remote session to check what kind of communication you are using and make sure all your settings are as they should be :)

Best Regards

Maria

Hi Maria,

Yes, I did put in a support ticket request.  I've actually emailed back and forth with you a few times.  Unfortunately, I don't know when I'll be available to do a live support session during the times available.  If there comes a time available, I'll certainly check it out.  Just thought I'd see if anyone on the message boards may have come across this problem and see if they had a solution.

-Tim

Have you contacted SignCut support? Those folks are great about getting you going. Sometimes they can walk you through it with a few emails or they will do a remote session and dial in if you are having any major issues.

Maybe I am wrong but I think you can jog your cutter directly from the machine? I never had a laserpoint but I think it's a P-Cut based machine (which I did have). I never tried to do a contour cut so I am not a lot of help directly, sorry.