Sign in to follow this  
coateslr

Can't get cutter to cut past 17" wide

(Copam 4050 48")

I have vinyl scrolls that are 19" wide.  I have the vinyl and place holders set on the green sections.  Before I cut, I do a measure each time. The cutter will measure the vinyl all the way across from green section to green section. 

In order not to waste vinyl, I set up my pictures 18 inches horizontal by varying lengths, giving an inch of margin horizontally.

The cutter will go no further across than 17 inches cutting off 2 inches of my picture every time. 

In my page setup, I have 18" x (whatever length I choose, usually over 13 inches)

In my cutter setup, I have 19" x (whatever length)

The only way it will print past 17 inches is on the lenght.

I have checked and unchecked all of the settings such as weed all, fit to origin, etc.

What is going wrong?

The Copam measures from pinch roller to pinch roller and retains the measurement setting when you tell it to cut. If it did not measure the full width of the material, you could have the pinch rollers too far in on each side of the material.

I will give it a try by setting the pinch rollers to the ends of the green sections which is near the end of the vinyl and let you know.

I have been having the same issues and looking everywhere for a solution. It looks correct on signblazer prior to printing but then doesnt print all and cuts off. Im going to try this solution too with the pinch rollers.

David

Okay thats it. It works thanks alot for posting all. Its the pinch rollers!

David

ps did my first cut today. Big learning curve coming from ground zero.