JessXEmoji

Tracing Issue

So I got SC6 and been playing with it long enough to do what I need to do.  But I've noticed when you take any image and use the tracing feature it's leaving like 2-3 copies of the same trace.  When I go to move a path after tracing I find another path right under it. It's making it very hard to clean up. Is there a trick to sc6?  I know in inkscape when you trace an image it lets you delete the original image. I'm not sure what SC6 is doing.  And Ive tried every trace option and setting all of them are leaving several layers of the same trace. Anyone know what to do?

I haven't moved up from CS5 but I don't think anything drastic has changed. On a lot of tracings Illy will have underlaying layers. You may be able to get this to stop by the tracing preset. Look in the live trace menu options (right above the workspace on CS5) after you have traced and see what the preset is. Don't know what your final output is but for vinyl you're usually going to be wanting one color. There are a bunch of presets that will get you close and you can dial in from there with number of colors or threshold and minimum size of the smallest object etc. You can play with these to make changes before you expand it. Once you have expanded the object be sure and look in the layers panel, usually set up on the right hand side. click some of the little pull down triangles and see if you have any objects that don't show any color (in the little preview box). If you find a non colored or white object select it by clicking on the square to the right side of the item in the ;ayers panel and then go to select similar objects which should also be somewhere on the top of your workspace and select "objects with similar fill" and it will select any objects that have no fill or white fill. then just delete them and see if anything bad happened. If no elements you wanted disappeared you should be good to go. 

(If this goes through I will have posted a pic of my layers panel and one of the similar object selection pull down.)

post-20133-0-37546600-1385858676_thumb.p

post-20133-0-63372400-1385858909_thumb.j