Sign in to follow this  
AAviation

i need to cut from illustrator cs5 on my PCUT CTN630

I will try to get some pictures. The letters are created with a font in adobe illustrator I believe its called "Stencil WWII Style 1" as for the test cut and box corners yes they are square.

p-cuts have been pretty good lately and not plagued by the loose screws and such found in some of the latest mh series and sc series but the picture of the cuts will help to see.  

so it was created in illustrator from a font -that eliminates the problems with vectorizing a raster image of a font

I'm going to take a guess and say that your file had stroke weight which fooled you on the look vs what you got. In illustrator with the file open pull down the view menu on the top of the page pull it down and toggle the preview mode and see if you have the same look minus the fill colors or if you get something different. You should be able to view it as just lines and curves, this is actually what the cutter gets, the fills and line weight don't exist in the cutters world. 

If you have the pen attachment and some butcher paper I would suggest playing around with that rather than wasting vinyl to get things dialed in. 

I'm going to take a guess and say that your file had stroke weight which fooled you on the look vs what you got. In illustrator with the file open pull down the view menu on the top of the page pull it down and toggle the preview mode and see if you have the same look minus the fill colors or if you get something different. You should be able to view it as just lines and curves, this is actually what the cutter gets, the fills and line weight don't exist in the cutters world. 

picture was in preview mode.