DeviantGeek

Line through multiple copies

Couldnt figure out how to explain this one. I have an original laserpoint 24. basically whats happening is this: i have 1 file (attached PennhurstOriginal.ai). the size i cut it at is 8x2. i tried to cut 10 at a time. it gets to the 5th one and when it hits the U it decides to cut a line in the shape of a check mark through the previous 4 that were already cut, ruining them. No idea why it does this. I use flexi 8.6 pro. the file size before loading into flexi is 72kb. the file size while cutting 10 copies is 146kb. 

Now, heres the kicker...

I have basically the same file (attached PennhurstDistressed.ai) file size is 80kb before flexi and 156kb once its loaded 10 copies. cuts perfectly fine. same size 8x2, no issues. about 200 more nodes than the first one (i think). I cannot understand this for the life of me as to why it does this.

any reason y the machine would cut a line through everything? o and when it gets to the top the machine resets as if i would hit the red reset button. 

My machine is grounded. Ive tried cutting it without the blade holder just to see if it was building static but it still does this like clockwork when it hits the U in the first file. 

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

(i even tried making a jpeg out of the pennhurstoriginal and loading it into vector magic. same filesize but far less nodes. it cut 5 copies but as soon as it started the 6th, it cut the check mark line. luckily i stopped it before it could ruin any of the stickers.)

PennhurstOriginal.ai

pennhurstdistressed Converted.ai

Have you tried going into default job properties and changing the packet size to 1000kb?,  and the curve quality to medium?   It has helped others with large files.

Yes I've had the packet size at 1000kb. Never changed the curve quality. I'll give that a go. But still, the pennhurst distressed is a far more detailed file and that cuts 10 copies at a time with no problems