Sign in to follow this  
cadman

Need assistance selecting a Model

I've been in the sign biz for 28 years and have used most of the big guys gerber, wild, muhto, etc.  The only plotter I've owned myself was the original camm-1 back in the arly 90's.  I now use a Graphtec 4100-130.  How do refine, creation, laserpoint and copam stack up to the Graphtec I'm using for cut quality, noise, etc.  The graphtec is 8+ years old now and I would hope these uscutter machine would be on par.  Do any or all of the machines have a tangential knife option.  I will be using Flexisign 7.xx pro.  Also has anyone used these machines to plot from Autocad. ;)

Any of our cutters will work with Flexi. The Copam has been reviewed above a Roland, and just under a Summa or GraphTec, and the others rank lower, but still good as beginner, hobbyist or backup units in a production setting.

I have LaserPoint, which I'm sure didn't rank near the Graphtec, but I'm really happy with it. I do CAD too, but haven't had the chance to run it with a pen... but am extremely happy that it came with one  ;)

Other forum members have run it with pens, from what I can tell, they get really good results.