Sign in to follow this  
RustyXj

Selling Shirts

I'm new to the vinyl cutting scene and I am trying to get some business going so I can afford to buy a decent cutter. The Silhouette Cameo I bought on Craigslist for $50 has more than paid for itself with small decals for friends and friends of friends.

Question here is where should I go to sell some of my decals and possibly shirt designs I have made? My biggest problem is that I work 50+ hours 7 days a week at my regular job. So sitting at a flea market isn't really gonna happen. Plus the only flea market around has 2 people selling vinyl already.

I had thought of ebay but it would appear that whatever I post would just get lost in a sea of blah. Any suggestions on that?

I set up a Facebook page and so far has gotten the word out to friends on there and I had gotten a few jobs through there.

post-59971-0-59898000-1380505688_thumb.j

I go almost all on word by mouth.. when i do a job for someone they find me other work.. i do have a facebook page..

but all it does is like a gallery for me.. to show people what i have done..

www.tcgfx.net

:)

Facebook and currently setting up a site although I haven't set up the site for shirts yet.

southerntrendsetters.com

I go almost all on word by mouth.. when i do a job for someone they find me other work.. i do have a facebook page..

but all it does is like a gallery for me.. to show people what i have done..

www.tcgfx.net

:)

I like how you have an actual domain name but it goes to facebook. That seems like a decent idea to save money on website hosting fees.

Facebook and currently setting up a site although I haven't set up the site for shirts yet.

southerntrendsetters.com

I see you are setting it up to buy directly from the site. How hard is that?

I use 3dcart which has tons of tutorials on how to do it but really it's not that hard. I'm almost computer illiterate and you can see what I accomplished in a couple days. Now that I sang their praises many on here will tell you they are hosted for free and don't pay monthly fees but 3dcart is not free but it does offer tons of ways to customize what you do such as the drop down menus with the ability to upcharge for those options. The base level which is where I'm at is Around $20 a month so if you sell half a dozen shirts through it a month it pays for itself. I thinnk there is a 3dcart link on the bottom of the web pages if you are interested and after you set up the site you can remove the link if you don't want people to see it. I register my domains through whois.com and I think .com registration was less than $10. If you are doing just shirts I may have a domain to offer you that I registered last year and really not got that into setting it up  tshirtlife.pro

I might look into using 3dcart. I like the fact they can pay online and I just ship it. The stuff I have posted on craigslist is just a huge waste of time. I waste time and money making it and they never show up.